22nd May 2023
Nick Hodges (GP)
Frank Thompson (Acting Chair)
Annie Russell (Notes)
Sharon Giles (Practice Manager)
Lavinia Sonnenberg (Chair)
Welcome and Introductions:
LS has decided to step down as chair. It was agreed that FT would be acting Chair for this meeting and for the foreseeable future.
The practice has had a contract imposed for the second year in a row.
Financial struggles due to the cost of living crisis.
GP numbers are falling.
The BMA GP committee has voted for industrial action.
The Axminster patients report their overall experience of the practice is positive to a greater extent than the national average. This is also true for appointment bookings.
A new GP, Dr James Harris will be joining the practice on a salaried basis. He will be working part time.
The ARC bereavement charity uses rooms at the practice. It provides a valued counselling service.
* Need to revive mission statement. FT
* Look into progress on development of separate PPG web site. FT
* Improve visibility of link to PPG on practice web site. NH ( If happy with this we may decide we don’t need a separate web site).
* Progress development of news letter leaflet. FT
* Manage PPG page on Facebook. FT & GJ
* Look at what other PPGs do to increase visibility in their communities. NW
Issue of communication with people who don’t use mobile phones or the internet was discussed.
Monday 31st July, 2023 at 6.30 PM at the practice.